Sunday, September 13, 2009

Adventures!

Wow, the last week was full of adventures. The first adventure being laundry! My dorm complex, Sparta has the most confusing process I have ever experienced in order to do a simple task; it literally blew my mind with how confusing and hard doing my laundry was! You are not given any maps or directions to wear the laundry is located, so I asked around and found out you had to first make reservations at a kiosk, and then attend your reserved time frame, and then I finally found out the laundry room was in a basement 4 buildings away. Well, I figured the kiosk to reserve a time was also in the basement, NOT, it was in another building 2 blocks away from where the laundry room is located. When I am at the kiosk I realize the whole thing is in Swedish, great! So I spent 30 minutes at the kiosk, hoping I was pushing the correct buttons to make a correct reservation. Two days later my reservation came up, and I made the hike to the laundry room with all my clothes. When it comes to me doing laundry, I wait till the last minute, which leaves me with a ton of clothes, well this made the hike to the laundry room exhausting, and I also found out I only had one washer machine reserved. So, I washed the more important items, and I will put together a better game plan in the future. I got a C doing my laundry.

My other monumental adventure has been working on my group projects in the two different courses I have, Business Policy and Business-to-Business Marketing. Both courses are taught in English, but are full of different exchange students from around the world. Well I always thought group projects even back at home were freaking difficult to accomplish, well I found out I have met a new beast of a challenge. In my Business Policy course, I am in a group of 4, and have a project do this upcoming Tuesday. In my group I have one lazy American, a German, and a guy from Austria. Wow, well the German and Austrian are great people but cannot write or speak English very well, so I have to do the paper, because the lazy American wanted to go north for the weekend…figures. I guess I am just going to work through this part of the project on my own, and attempt to incorporate everyone for the presentation. It is a learning process.

I will keep everyone updated on the upcoming weeks adventures. I will be attending two sittnings (Swedish pre-party dinners), and the Novicsh party on Saturday. Should be a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment